Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mommy Makeup


Before Madison was born I was all about glam. I never left the house with out my heals and a full face of makeup on.


Most of the time being a mom takes a lot out of you. There are so many things that you worry about. From waking up in the middle of the night to fill tiny bellies, changing diapers, doing laundry, changing diapers, vacuuming, dishes, cooking, changing diapers, shopping, playing, baths, more diapers and thats just for the kid(s).

Life as a mother can be chaos to put it simply. Sometimes choosing between that nap and that shower can be the most difficult choice of the day. Most of the time you find your self rushing out the door with the baby cute-to-boot...




But you... well... not so cute.

Its important to find time for your self. You take care of everyone else, you cant forget about Mom. I still like to look my best on most days. I know there are days when that just cant happen but i try my hardest. Here are some tips that i use to find time for myself.

1. Shower at night - Now this is something that I have been doing as a kid. It started with my being the youngest and my mom and sister wanting to use the bathroom in the morning. Then, when I was in highschool, i didnt want to wake up any earlier then I needed to. I found if I took my 20 - 30 minute shower (seems long but I have long hair and it depends on if i needed to shave or not) at night i didnt need to take 20 - 30 minutes to blow dry my hair, so i was able to sleep and extra hour. Same thing applies now. I can shower after Madison has gone to bed so i dont have to worry about her getting into something or starting to cry if i shower during the day.

2. Let the kids feed them selves - Of course this one comes with age. They have to be ready for this one. Madison is only 9 months old so she can have little snacks like bits of cheese, Cheerios, these little puff things, and others bits of food cut up in tiny pieces. I set her up in her high chair and take this time to either do the dishes, or something more for just me like check my Facebook or watch some Youtube.

3. Utilize your partner - This one is simple... They are your PARTNER for a reason. They are there to help you. ask them to watch the baby while you do something for your self. However make sure they are not in the middle of something important. With James in school I have to make sure hes not about to start home work or in the middle of a time sensitive exam. Communication and compromise is key.

4. Utilize the nap time - This is were the decisions can get difficult. Well, since you took my advise above and showered the night before you shouldnt need to do that. So you can either nap, or do like me and put some makeup on. As soon as Madison is down, I can usually count on 45 minutes. So I can take 15 minutes to put on my makeup. Because it takes me about 15 minutes to do my make up a still have about 30 minutes, sometimes more before she wakes up; so I can either clean, read, or do something bad, like take a power nap with my freshly done up makeup. I know, I know, but sometimes you just need some sleep and hey, im being honest here.

Finding time to do things you loved to do before you had your baby keeps you from lossing who your are and keeps you from just being "mom". Your still that wonderful mother that does everything but you will also be that Mom that everyone is thinking "how does she do it and still look so good."



xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment